Do you know what your passion is? Have you found out who you are or what you really want to do? I haven't. Sometimes I hear of a passion that someone else has and I try it out for a while, but it isn't really mine so I give it back like a shirt I borrowed from a girlfriend. I followed after my sister for a while. I ran. I never truly liked it. I used to think that songwriting was my passion, but when there's no one to share the songs with it takes the fun out of it. Sometimes I still write, but more in journal form (definitely not for entertainment purposes). I once wrote a song and submitted it to the American Idol Songwriting Competition. Of course it didn't go anywhere. It wasn't a total waste of the ten dollar submission fee. I did complete a song, recorded it and all. My husband, unlike me, has so many passions that he has a hard time choosing one. Not to mention so many talents that he is needed by everyone. How would that be... Probably a little stressful. Maybe I have a passion, but it changes so frequently that I peg it as a passing fad. Maybe being busy is my passion. I really hate boredom or empty blocks of time. I love people! Maybe people are my passion. Maybe I'll find my passion in Taiwan. The search is on!!
The man in this photo is the first person I spoke to in Taiwan. I only knew three phrases in Mandarin. He spoke to me in spite of my inadequate language skills. I didn't understand a lick, but he was very pleasant. Maybe my passion will be learning a new language...
6 comments:
I liked this post, Michelle. I feel the same...I need to find my passion as well. Hope you will have a wonderful time on your new adventure...I think it's fantastic that you are learning a new language and are on your way to new experiences. I will be haunting your blog!! Max says Hi to Tommy!
Steph Whitted
We met a few americans who were living in small villages in China, learning Mandarin from very inexpensive in home tutors that come every day. Several of the locals bragged that besides the blond hair, their chinese was authentic. I thought about you, and hoped that you would learn the language more easily that we - did not. Although I can say 'what is that?' because I said that all the time.
You sound EXACTLY like me Michelle. It's as if I wrote that! My husband is constantly living out his passions, and I have yet to find mine. Still want to know the "meaning" to my life here, ya know? Well, you sure do bless people's lives... always know that while you are searching for your passion... Already can't wait for you to get back from your amazing two years!
Good Luck with the language learning, that would be so hard.
OMGosh! Cannot believe where and what your are going to be doing. So cool. A wonderful experience. I can't wait for the stories when you come home. W'll miss you but think of you often and in our prayers. You will be wonderful and the people will adore you. Good luck! Love you guys! :)
Hope everything is great! Your blog is not lame, I love it! Keep it up!
Stephanie R.
Post a Comment