Here I am coming upon change. A situation that will give me a fresh start. No one knows me. I don't have a reputation. I could decide to change things about me and no one would know. It is kind of refreshing. I used to feel bad for people that grew up in the same area their whole lives. The reputation they built would always be with them. Mine will vanish in five days.
This morning I woke up at 4:30. It is now 5:53. I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of all the things I would like to change in my life.
1. I don't want to drink soda.
2. I want to eat healthy.
3. I want to be a little more ladylike and a little less crass.
4. I want to consistently read scripture.
5. I want to gain a stronger testimony.
6. I want to exercise.
7. Talk less and listen more.
These are all person goals that I have not been able to muster up the motivation for lately. Moving to a new place where I will have more time to focus will be the perfect opportunity for me to change. This has been my mentality for the last four months. However, in the last four months I have only worked out 6 times, I have been more crass than normal, I have been more inconsistent with scriptures, and I drink soda almost daily. As for the healthy eating... well lets just say I've gained 9 pounds in the last four months!!
Last night, after a conversation with friends, I realized that there is no need to wait. In fact, waiting is the easy way out. So I'm giving myself a jump start. I'm starting today. Bye Bye soda!! Hello to eating more healthy. Time to apologize for crass words. It's 6:08 so there is still time to exercise and read scriptures. Here I go. I already feel better. I feel better this very minute :).
6 comments:
I am proud of you and look up to very much. Thank you for being a great friend Michelle. (no matter what you say or do) :)
Remeber Michelle, whether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you're right. And I think you can... in fact in know you can! By tomorrow morning you'll have a whole day of change behind you; when you arrive in Taiwan you'll have a whole week; and then a month, etc., etc. Forget about everyone else, just don't quit on yourself.
Oh, one final thought:
Your reputation is what others THINK you are; but your character is who you REALLY are.
This is a really wonderful post! You can do it!
You Go GIRL!
Well I'm a hundred times healthier and thinner than I was in Boise. I never drank soda anyways. I'm still crass, but at least a tad more lady like, I exercise every day, but darn it I still talk more and listen less. Some things NEVER change. But good luck with your new life!!! I've found mine to be harder than I ever imagined and a more powerful motivation to be better than I would have hoped upon myself!
oh and my oldest child makes me read the scriptures all the time, maybe you should incorporate a reading buddy???
Nisa, I like the idea of a reading buddy.
Thank you all for the encouraging words. The nutrition hasn't quite come yet, but so far every thing else is coming right along.
Post a Comment