Last night, Taylor found the sprinkler that the kids run through in the summertime. Tommy asked Emmett and I if he could go outside and run through it. I asked him if he thought it was a good idea. He said that he knew it was dark, but he really wanted to do it (keep in mind that it is 8:30 PM and there is about a foot of snow outside). I thought it would be a good idea for Tommy to learn a good life lesson. After questioning him a little more I told him that if he really wanted to run through the sprinkler, then by all means he should go get his swimming suit on. He came downstairs with his suit on. Taylor followed him. She was stark naked. She couldn't find her suit. Tommy grabbed the sprinkler and ran to the back door. I couldn't believe that the freezing weather had not yet deterred him. Emmett and I turned on the outside light and opened the door. Tommy looked outside and said, "Maybe I need my shoes." I told him that he couldn't run through the sprinklers with shoes on. Tommy and Taylor headed outside in the snow undressed, sprinkler in hand, and beaming with excitement. As soon as they stepped in the snow they promptly came back in. Tommy responded with, "Well maybe I changed my mind." Maybe it is time for a vacation to the beach.


5 comments:
Great story! And welcome to the greater blogosphere!
What a great mom you are! I would have said, "What? Are you nuts? Do you not enjoy having all of your appendages?" And tucked them into bed. What a great lesson!
I was thinking that maybe I would be turned into social services. That's why we had them go to the back yard and not the front.
Sorry, first comment didn't read right. Anyway, I do think your family needs a vacation. WE are willing you to Texas.
Post a Comment