Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Stomach

Have you ever heard the expression, "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach?" I remember hearing that statement often as a child. It seems that I have carried this same habit of "overfilling my plate" into adulthood. Although I may at times overfill my literal plate, I am referring to the plate of life. Willingly and or ignorantly I have bitten off more than I can chew (at least without getting sick). I feel like I'm in a race all day every day. So for those of you wondering why I suddenly stopped blogging, there you have it.

Here's what's been going on:


I turned 29 years old.
St. Patricks day happened.



Emmett and Tommy went to a Monster Truck show together.




We visited Grammy and Papa and went to the Hogle Zoo.





Tommy started T-ball.



Taylor is growing older and cuter.




Emmett and I performed at our first open mic at the library coffeehouse in Meridian.



Easter is long gone, but we still have residual candy.


Emmett and I did our first wedding gig.








Tommy is almost finished with preschool. He got into Trailwind!!! He will have afternoon kindergarten with Mrs. Taylor. Taylor will be starting preschool in the fall with Mrs. Stacey. Emmett is working as hard as ever at work and on the garden and pond. I am tutoring eight students and teaching guitar to two students. I am also working at Weight Watchers and starting school again this summer. Life is busy but very good. I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Topsy said...

Wow, I have checked your blog for months, mostly missing you guys and hoping for an update. This was a wonderful update. You crazy girl for being so busy, but it sounds like you've filled your plate with wonderful and creative family activities. I loved seeing all the pictures! We miss you guys and your children so very much. Keep writing! Or at least posting photos!