Thursday, November 20, 2008

He's not a baby anymore!

So Tommy is in the first grade now. We had to move his violin lesson to 7:30 AM because his teacher didn't have any availability during after school hours. At 6:30 on Tuesday mornings I try to remember that I made the right decision putting my five year old child into school for six and a half hours a day. I have mixed feelings, but I know the decision to bump him up was the right one. He is very happy there. Explaining the decision isn't always the easiest to handle. Somehow (without boasting) I try to tell people that he's reading at a third grade level and he just passed the second grade end of year math exam. I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone appreciates hearing about it. However, I can't help but be a bit proud. Tommy is a good, smart, go with the flow boy bound for greatness. I love you Tom!

Tommy had his first season of soccer. He scored a lot of goals, but his team never won a game. I just can't believe that time flies by so quickly. He's playing soccer, going to first grade, playing violin..... My baby is obviously not a baby anymore.

3 comments:

Malauna said...

I say brag, brag, brag! Such a smart and handsome boy.

Tracy said...

Michelle, only you know Tommy and your situation like you do. Just do what you feel is best! Others might not agree, but if you feel good about it - then so be it!

Ralina said...

Wow, I didn't realize he was in 1st grade. He is a smart kid!